No subject

Mon Mar 15 02:42:15 EDT 2010

"Arithmetic is a game that tries to show all the participants the same
questions at the same time, gives an ongoing scoreboard of how many
questions each participant has answered correctly, and measures the amount
of time it takes everyone to answer each question. It also lets the group
choose which of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division their
game should use, and how hard the questions should be."

I feel we should replace that text with:

"Arithmetic is an activity that allows learners to compete in maths
challenges. Learners choose their a difficulty level and whether to do
addition, subtraction, multiplication or division. Challenges work by
Arithmetic providing questions to every learner sharing the activity.
presented on a scoreboard."

I thought it was more appropriate to send this message to this mailing list,
rather than the developer list, because it's centred around the language,
not the technology. Do let me know if there's a better location for these
suggestions. If there is support, I will create a ticket in the bug tracker.

Regards,

Tim

--001485e2eb20ecc9b7048c93746d

From=A0<meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dut=
f-8"><a href=3D"http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4204">htt=
p://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4204</a>,=A0we currently hav=
e:<br><br>
 same questions at the same time, gives an ongoing scoreboard of how many q=
uestions each participant has answered correctly, and measures the amount o=
f time it takes everyone to answer each question. It also lets the group ch=
oose which of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division their game=
 should use, and how hard the questions should be.&quot;<br>
quot;Arithmetic is an activity that allows learners to compete in maths cha=
llenges. Learners choose their a difficulty level and whether to do additio=
n, subtraction, multiplication or division. Challenges work by Arithmetic p=
roviding questions to every learner sharing the activity. Responses to thos=
e questions are checked and timed. The results are presented on a scoreboar=
d.&quot;</div>
to this mailing list, rather than the developer list, because it&#39;s cent=
red around the language, not the technology. Do let me know if there&#39;s =
a better location for these suggestions. If there is support, I will create=
 a ticket in the bug tracker.</div>

--001485e2eb20ecc9b7048c93746d--