[IAEP] [Marketing] SoaS change of direction: heads-up on convos in other lists

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 18:23:39 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
>> the real intention is
>> "this is where you start"
>
> But... what's the target user for a "this is where you start"? Someone
> who can make their own spin... there's only very few of those target
> users, and they can help themselves (IOWs if there isn't a SoaS,
> they'll yum install sugar-*, set gdm to autologin and they'll be ok).
> Not many of those users are close to a school.

Sebastian, SoaS'ers,

I am aware that here everyone-but-the-ones-that-build-it are talking
about SoaS. Personally, I am thankful for the work you do... I have
also been using SoaS recently as a "starting point" for a SoaS
matching OLPC builds and that was tremendously useful. Thanks!

I'd reword what I wrote earlier to say: there is a huge need for
something like SoaS that focusses mainly on being in the hands of
teachers (and may be useful for testers and developers like me). From
the outside, it seems there's nobody in better position to do it than
you.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions