[IAEP] [Marketing] SoaS change of direction: heads-up on convos in other lists

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 04:19:12 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 4:37 AM, John Tierney <jtis4stx at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> In wanting to have Teachers and Developers try Sugar are best bet may be to
> attack
> this with a two-fold approach. The idea would be to give the prospective
> Teacher/Deployer
> Two SoaS-A stable version-say Strawberry explaining exactly what Sugar Labs
> means
> by Stable. Then the Newer Developer edition Mirabelle that allows them to
> test and be
> part of the Future Research and Development portion of Sugar. This would
> seem to
> get around many of the issues and draw support for stable and cutting edge
> versions.
> Sugar Today-Sugar Tomorrow 2Pack-Add in SoaS Creation Kit with both images
> and Instructions
> and we could have something very helpful to all participants.

Who's going to do all the extra work?

> If this route is chosen then the Developer release of Mirabelle should have
> many of the broken
> activities. These broken activities would seem to be a perfect place for
> many new community
> members to get acquainted with Sugar(Testing, Learning the Bug reporting
> system, Fixing activities).
> Activities are at the core of the "Learning How To Learn" portion of the
> Sugar Learning Platform so the
> appropriate level of resources making sure the communication is in place to
> keep them maintained
> should be of key focus, since it will be one the largest keys to our success
> in the classroom.

That's what' been done for the last two releases. The fact is there's
been very few people to come in and fix the broken Activities..... and
what's more they should be fixed before a release not after the fact.
After the fact most people just complain that stuff is broken, rather
than step up and fix it.

Peter