[IAEP] SoaS change of direction: heads-up on convos in other lists

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 20 13:40:12 EDT 2010

OK. Let's focus a bit here.  In the spirit of IAEP, I wonder who this version of SoaS will be for... educators and students or developers?  It seems like the discussion is favoring the latter.  That would be a big disappointment to those of us who are waiting to have a good stable version to share with the education community.

While Physics is a "fun" Activity, the Memorize Activity can offer far more in educational value, and works fine in the version of SoaS I have (old... from June 2009... I sent the list of Activities in an earlier email).

The folks at Sugar Labs Argentina did almost all of their teacher training in La Rioja using SoaS on PCs because only a few XO-1.5s had arrived when the training took place last month.  Why doesn't someone "techie" who is fluent in el Castellano communicate with them and find out what Activities and version they used? It might be helpful.

Caryl