[IAEP] An DVD with an off line library accessible from Browse for downloading of additional activities to sugar v3 USB ?

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sat Mar 20 12:34:51 EDT 2010

Message: 5 Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 11:54:04 -0400 From: Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> Subject: Re: [IAEP] SoaS change of
direction: heads-up on convos in other lists To: Mel Chua
<mel at melchua.com> Cc: iaep <iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org>, Sebastian
Dziallas <sdz at sugarlabs.org> Message-ID:
<46a038f91003200854jf6705f4i65052df18172ecf6 at mail.gmail.com>
10:23 PM, Mel Chua <mel at melchua.com> wrote:

> > The short version is that instead of "include all Activites by default,"
> > we're thinking of shipping very few (6) Activities by default - the ones
> > that help users get further Activities and help

I read Sebastian's post... and is less drastic than that. He seems to
say: include only the well tested, known to work, actively maintained
activities, with an eye towards activitries that serve as a good intro
to the platform and that demo well.

But you say only 6... Which one is it?

The initial proposal I like; makes a lot of sense and raises the bar.
IT basically increases the chances of a satisfactory first use.

Six activities not so much -- you need many steps + internet to add
----------------------------------
Could a DVD of most used activities be built that could act as an off line library accessible from Browse for downloading of additional activities?
This would make the internet access a mute point. (Great for "Sneaker-net" use off line)

Tom Gilliard
satellit
activities... and it'll be "random activity from ASLO, may well be
unstable or useless". It significantly _reduces_ chances of
satisfaction.

All IMHO...

-- martin.langhoff at gmail.com martin at laptop.org -- School Server
Architect - ask interesting questions - don't get distracted with shiny
stuff - working code first - http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Martinlanghoff