[IAEP] SoaS change of direction: heads-up on convos in other lists

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 20 12:10:09 EDT 2010

Hi...

In July 2009 I installed SoaS on my Mac using a CD made by Scott Dowdle at Bozeman LUG/Montana State University.  It currently "lives" in Virtual Box on my computer. I don't have the CD any more. Since then, I have been using it to demo Sugar to several hundred people at meetings and conferences in Montana, California, and even Argentina!

The Activities include:
Jigsaw Puzzle
InfoSlicer
IRC
Moon
Memorize
Speak
Turtle Art
Etoys
Pippy
and Jukebox

Some work better than others. I haven't been able to get Jukebox to work at all. Perhaps it would be a good idea to make a prototype of the SoaS version you want to use and have "ordinary folks" test it on a variety of platforms.

There should certainly be more than 6 Activities. BTW, Speak and Memorize are hits everywhere.

Caryl