[IAEP] [Systems] wiki design

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-iaep at silbe.org
Sat Mar 13 15:56:19 EST 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 01:36:44PM -0700, Josh Williams wrote:

> I'm in the camp that it's better to set a maximum width because I
> think it's harder to read long strings of text.
If you really want to do this (I still wouldn't like it), please at
least base it on font size (em). Using pixel sizes will cause breakage
for users of high resolution (DPI) screens and visually impaired users
who have significantly increased the font size.

> Anyway, I'm not opposed to having it set at 100% width if you think
> most of the wiki users would prefer that.
The question is not just what the majority prefers, but also what the
drawbacks are for the minority.

That being said, thanks for working on a new style! I too would love a
wiki that looks "sweeter" (i.e. more like the Sugar UI).

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/