[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Children want Sugar 0.84, for the wrong reason

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 10:23:50 EST 2010

See http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/535#comment:5, Expose Journal, Home,
Group, Neighborhood, & Frame Sources, where it's suggested that we extend
the 'Show Source' facility to more of Sugar.

Learners like to exercise and demonstrate their knowledge by customizing or
changing their environments. We can guide them to learn deeper concepts by
giving them ways to encode their customizations. (Providing a convenient
undo, save, and restore facility for their work would accelerate their
learning.)

The 'Modifying Sugar' chapter in our manual,
http://en.flossmanuals.net/Sugar/ModifyingSugar, provides a nice entry ramp
for this learning activity. We could provide a similar tutorial for other
Sugar features and then benefit from the creativity of all our learners.