[IAEP] Anki - open source memorization tool.

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Thu Mar 11 07:42:12 EST 2010

On 11 Mar 2010, at 02:38, Caroline Meeks wrote:

> An open source memorization tool.  Looks simple and cool and already runs on Linux, might be a good addition to Sugar.
>
> http://ichi2.net/anki/index.html

Interesting, but looks way too complicated for kids (just my opinion)... it has more features than our Sugarised version of abiwrite!

We already have Assimilate, a flash card activity written natively for sugar from Urko Fernandez Roman, but it had little support/encouragement from the community at the time of writing and has probably bit rotted and in need of some final polish. If any one has free time and is looking for an activity to pick up and move over to Sugar labs infrastructure, the original repository is here:

	http://dev.laptop.org/git/activities/assimilate/

Regards,
--Gary