[IAEP] Test developed activity for XO Laptop.

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 12:24:42 EST 2010

Parichay,

If you want a test environment that is as much as possible like what
is running on the XO laptop I would suggest installing Fedora 10 on
your computer.  There are newer versions of Fedora available but F10
is the most like what XO's run.  F10 includes a Sugar test
environment.  If your Activity runs well there chances are good that
it will run well on the XO.

I have two computers I use for Activity development.  One runs F10,
the other F11.  The F11 computer also runs sugar-jhbuild, so I can
effectively test my Activity on three different versions of Sugar.
When it runs well in all three I install it on my XO and play with it
there.

I am not an Etoys expert but I certainly could test out your Activity
for you, just as I would test one of my own.  I would guess many
others on the list would be willing to do the same thing.

I consider my XO more of a "production" environment than something to
use for testing.  I've only had one problem (involving font sizes)
that happened on my XO but could not be recreated on a desktop
computer running Fedora.

I have recommended that you look at my FLOSS Manual on developing
Sugar Activities in other emails and I still think it's a good idea.

James Simmons