[IAEP] [FIELDBACK] Etoys

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 11:13:44 EST 2010

On Tuesday 02 March 2010 02:28:42 pm Simon Schampijer wrote:
> > An interesting possibility is to get old students to create animated
> > flashcards/sounds clips to teach a topic (say English) to younger
> > students. Traditional flashcards just present a letter as a block.
> > Instead, one can use a bug to create letter shapes with its trail so the
> > children can also perceive how letters are formed.
>
> Thanks for that idea. Is there a tutorial for creating flashcards you
> know of?
No. But if you pose it as a challenge for the students I am sure they will
figure out a way.

Letters like C, D, I, J, L, M, N, O, V, W, Z are easy while A, B, E, F, H, K,
T, U, Y may stump them for a moment. S is really difficult and may need some
help. Know why S is difficult is part of the fun (cf. Digital Typography by Don
Knuth, chapter 13).

Subbu