[IAEP] [FIELDBACK] Etoys

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Tue Mar 2 04:00:26 EST 2010

> > You know, of course, that under the View toolbar in Turtle Art, the
> > coordinates of the Turtle are displayed. :) Any feedback re TA-83
> > would be very welcome.
> >
> > -walter
>
> Wow - This is great work! This was something I was missing in class
> sometimes, as I have already told you ;D This helps a lot for learners
> to draw the line between their program and the output.

Walter (and helpers) have done an amazing job transforming TurtleArt. As I write this its 3:50am Walter time and he is still up coding Turtle Art.

New features include multiple turtles, zoom, polar and cartesian coordinates, SVG output, variable names and stack names can be variables too, collapsible stacks, comments, multimedia, debug mode, Python block, tooltips, trash

it is still low entry but packs lots of high level opportunities with a strong educational focus

You can download the new Turtle Art for testing from
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:TurtleArt-83.xo
any feedback is welcome

Tony