[IAEP] Attend the CUE (Computer Using Educators) Conference in your PJs!

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 1 12:22:40 EST 2010

Hi All,

The CUE Conference (Computer Using Educators) will be this coming weekend in Palm Springs CA, and through the magic of Classroom 2.0 you can attend, free from wherever you are. All you have to do is sign up for Classroom 2.0 and learn to use the Eluminate Conferencing tool.

While Eluminate is not Open Source, the founder and head of Classroom 2.0, Steve Hargadon, is one of the country's biggest Open Source advocates in education.  In addition to doing Classroom 2.0, he is the one in charge of the Open Source Pavillion at CUE. Eluminate supports his efforts by providing free conference "rooms" (and any individual can also sign up for a 3-seat virtual office with them).

The conference goes for 3 days and Steve has listed some of the presentations that will be featured. Some are hour long regular sessions and others are 30 min shorter sessions.  If you scroll down to Friday you will see that I am doing a 30 min session from 3:15 to 3:45 pm  (PT) on Friday afternoon.

This is a great opportunity for those of you who are not working in the classroom to see what today's teachers are really interested in.  Many of these sessions offer great ideas that can be adopted/adapted to Sugar users.

If you have any questions, please, just send me an email.  I will attach links to the CUE Conference schedule where you can read more about what the sessions plan to cover.

Caryl

http://www.cue.org/conference/sessions/    (Regular Sessions)

http://www.cueunplugged.com/   (Shorter, 30 min sessions)