[IAEP] [POLL] Non Sugar Platform activities in Activity Library

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Mon Mar 1 05:52:46 EST 2010

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 11:31:14AM +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 01.03.2010, at 10:07, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> >

> > Should sugar be closed education environment with activities created(in
> > python) only for sugar or sugar provides programming languages agnostic
> > services (Journal, Collab oriented features) that could be used by
> > *existed* education applications (via tools like dbus etc.).
>
> Is there really any doubt that Sugar should be an open platform?

For me it was so from beginning (but iirc it wasn't implicitly titled
somewhere and I'm just trying to check what others think).

Since declaring openness and providing openness are two big differences
problem comes when are we trying to deploy activities with non Sugar Platform
dependencies (here java). Our main deployment agnostic activities portal
is ASLO and it(like idea of .xo itself) doesn't work well here. So we
are failed with providing openness.

--
Aleksey