[IAEP] Gnome vs Sugar -- The judgement day

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun Jun 27 00:58:41 EDT 2010

El Sat, 26-06-2010 a las 00:01 -0400, Michael Stone escribió:
> > Teachers demand a technological mean to solve a problem of discipline and
> > computer literacy.
>
> Launch GNOME under a separate account with a quota and with limited or no sudo
> access. This will cut out most of the mayhem, thereby buying you time to work
> out a more integrated solution.

This is a very good idea, and probably the way to go.

We just lack the time to do it in this development cycle, because the
time for developing new features is up and now we must concentrate on
testing and fixing as many bugs as possible.

For the next release, we could merge this along with a "boot recovery
menu" feature that also didn't make it this time.