[IAEP] FW: [support-gang] Voting Continues: Gnome vs Sugar -- The judgement day

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 26 15:29:50 EDT 2010

I agree with Sameer and Marife.  From an educator's point of view, having both Sugar and Gnome available has a lot of advantages.  Sugar offers a kid-friendly environment, while at the same time offering some great Activities for older children.  The younger ones probably won't find much of interest in Gnome to draw them away from Sugar, but for the older ones, having the option of switching back and forth without too much difficulty will encourage them to come back to Sugar for favorite Activities even when they have "graduated" to a grown-up's desktop like Gnome.  This could also dampen the drive for getting "Windows" machines for older students.  Who needs Windows when you can have Gnome?

Caryl