[IAEP] [SLOBS] RFC: F11-0.88 as a Sugar Labs Project

David Farning dfarning at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 18 08:17:30 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 10:20 PM, Mel Chua <mel at melchua.com> wrote:
> On 06/17/2010 10:28 PM, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
>> At the next meeting, I would like to propose the Fedora 11 with Sugar
>> 0.88 builds for the XO-1 and XO-1.5 as a new official project.
>>
>> It is sponsored jointly by Paraguay Educa and Activity Central,
>> coordinated by me and hosted by the Sugar Labs infrastructure:
>>
>>    http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Deployment_Team/Sugar-0.88
>>    http://people.sugarlabs.org/bernie/olpc/f11-xo1-0.88/
>>
>> If the board approves, I will add a link to the sidebar, near Sugar on a
>> Stick, and create a top-level homepage with content directed at users.
>>
>> I need help picking a pronounceable name, F11-0.88 is revolting.
>
> Posted to
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Minutes#Agenda_items as a
> motion, since all the links are public anyhow and the discussion will be
> as well.

I would encourage that  F11-S0.88 _not_ become an official Sugar Labs
at this time.  My biggest concern is maintenance responsible.  If the
project becomes an official project, Sugar Labs has an implied
maintenance responsibility.   If F11-S0.88 sucks, it will cast a long
shadow on the upstream project Sugar Labs not the downstream project
where that shadow belongs.

On the other hand, if Sugar Labs would like to assume maintenance
responsibility they are welcome to roll the project into SL.

david