[IAEP] Health nuts

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 15 16:38:00 EDT 2010

"Learning tools" works too.
Caryl

From: beth at waveplace.org
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:23:46 -0400
To: dfarning at ubuntu.com; iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org
Subject: Re: [IAEP] Health nuts

Wise idea. This is just me writing at a mile a minute. But 100% agreed!
Beth

---

Beth Santos

Outreach Coordinator

Waveplace Foundation

Tel: +1 610 797 3100 x 44

Fax: +1 610 797 3199

Cell: +1 603 661 1273

http://www.waveplace.org
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 1:14 PM, David Farning <dfarning at ubuntu.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Beth Santos <beth at waveplace.org> wrote:

Hey all,
Looking for someone who can get me in touch with people who might be interested in developing health-focused Etoys education software- nutrition, sanitation, HIV/AIDS awareness, malaria prevention, anatomy, etc. This is an initiative I want to grow in countries in Africa and could use some content help. Whether it's international health professionals or computer programmers who want to make the actual games, let me know.

A rather minor point....

As we talk about content to augment teaching specific concepts or tasks ,it might be better to use the educator terminology of learning object[1] rather than game.  I see rather a lot of push back when talking to teachers about 'games', but the parse 'learning object' seems to resonate well:)

david

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learning_object

Beth

---