[IAEP] Mirabelle for Macs

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 11 11:19:58 EDT 2010

Hi...

Your friendly Mac-person here...

I am on this page:

http://mirrors.mit.edu/sugarlabs/soas/docs/creation-kit/sect-Creation_Kit-Preparation-Mac_Instructions.html

I have started the SoaS image download.

When I clicked on the second link for the image-writer-mac tool, the download was almost instantaneous. It gave me a text file that is supposed to be "image-writer-mac."  It does not appear to be an executable program file.  Do I cut-and-paste it into terminal or what?

Also, you don't mention the Boot helper disk which works fine when using Strawberry and Blueberry on a Mac.  Does Mirabelle not work with the Boot helper?
I haven't started on 88.1 yet. I want to get Mirabelle working first.

I really would like to see all of this become very Mac friendly since a large (maybe 50+) percentage of educational users have Macs.

Chao!
Caryl