[IAEP] [SLOBS] SLOBs meeting next week: agenda

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 08:05:18 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 5:51 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 18:14, Mel Chua <mel at melchua.com> wrote:
>> There was some confusion in #sugar-meeting over whether there's a SLOBs
>> meeting today - there wasn't (as most have figured out by now) but I'd
>> like to request one for next week.
>>
>> Topic 1 (5 minute hard cutoff) - David Farning's TM usage approval
>> request (David, is there an easy way to link to your request in a motion
>> so we can quickly vote?

David has no request for TM use at this time, so we can drop this item
from the agenda.

>> Basically, we have a policy (http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Trademark), it
>> has instructions for submitting a TM permission usage request,
>> approval/denial of that request should be a simple 2-minute vote. If
>> it's denial, then we write a quick reply back and they can try again
>> next time. No need for a prolonged discussion in backchannel *before*

I would like to do a quick review of the local labs to make sure we
have formally approved their use of the TM.

>> Topic 2 (50 minutes) - devel team vacancies.
>>
>> Topic 3 (5 minutes) - remaining issues to go through (in other words,
>> "next meeting's agenda?")

A third topic is the Sugar Certification issue raised by Raul  in this thread:

http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2010-May/010965.html

and discussed here:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Current_Events#Sugar_Digest

-walter