[IAEP] [SLOBS] [PROJECT PROPOSAL REQUEST] Sugar Creation Kit

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Jul 23 09:36:16 EDT 2010

El Fri, 23-07-2010 a las 08:00 -0400, Walter Bender escribió:
> Satellit (Tom Gilliard) has submitted a request to have the Sugar
> Creation Kit become an official Sugar Labs project and consequently be
> listed on the sidebar of the wiki (See email below). Could we discuss
> this proposal by email (since we are unlikely to find a time to meet
> as a group over the next few weeks due to conflicting travel
> schedules?

I'm +1 on approving this project.

However, I have one small concern of license compliance: does the ISO
include source code for all the GPL software, or alternatively a written
offer to provide the source code on demand?

Assuming that SoaS already solved the GPL compliance issue on its own,
the problem may exist only for activities. If we're being sloppy in
providing source code on ASLO, I wouldn't put the burden of rectifying
the situation on Tom Gilliard.

I doubt there's a concrete possibility of Sugar Labs ever being sued for
license breach due to Sugar Creation Kit. This is just a reminder that,
in the spirit of the GPL, we should strive to ensure that source code
reaches our users.

PS: with this, we're already at 3 projects. it seems that we're going to
have the "problem" of too many Projects in the front-page sooner than
expected! :)