[IAEP] [SLOBS] Sugar Labs 2010 Goals Review

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Thu Jul 15 13:17:12 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 5:46 AM, Sascha Silbe
<sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org> wrote:
>> > Are developers using Sugar as their day-to-day development
>> > environment yet?
> I do while I'm using my XO-1.5. I even integrated my MUA with the Journal
> using datastore-fuse. [1]

That sounds very cool!  Can we package your hacks?  I bet there are
some other people who might want to try this (or run with it, to
develop a 'real' Mail activity).

> That being said, I'm most productive outside of Sugar and inside my
> specially-tuned environment (ion3, lots of xterms, ...) using my desktop
> with a 23" TFT. I don't see this as contradictory, though - the needs of

I would like to be able to run Sugar on a large screen w/ your choice
of window manager.  Some day.
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/images/c/ca/Sugarcamp-cscott-legacy.pdf
http://www.mail-archive.com/sugar@lists.laptop.org/msg05738.html

>> However, I've seen many teachers using Sugar. Not just Browse. They also
>> use Write and Record.
> Wow, they use a whopping three activities (sorry for the sarcasm - and
> yes, my most used activity is Terminal).

FWIW (Martin), I had 'emacs' packaged as an activity at one point, too.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )