[IAEP] Sugar at FUDCon

pbrobinson at gmail.com pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 17:55:41 EDT 2010

Hi Werner,

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 10:47 PM, Werner Westermann <wernerio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello to all.
>
> FUDCon is celebrated this year in Santiago, Chile and SugarLabs Chile will
> be participating with a stand and a lightning talk (we found just last week
> so we couldn't break in the agenda of longer talks).  This event will
> congregate a lot of Fedora contributors from Latin América.
>
> ¿What are the major and urgent tasks or challenges for the Fedora community
> related to Sugar, as a spin?, ¿how can local deployments foster Sugar
> development as a spin?
>
> Whatever thoughts are welcomed.  Best wishes,

Great to hear that Sugar is being represented at FUDCon Chile, there's
normally a number of Sugar people at most of the FUDCons. Sebastian,
Mel and I who are the maintainers of Sugar on a Stick were all at
FUDCon Toronto, Sebastian and I were at FUDCon Berlin and I'll likely
be at FUDCon Zurich.

We can always do with more help with packaging and maintaining of
Sugar Activities within Fedora as well as QA. There's lots of other
things that I've probably missed. You'll find Sebastian, Mel and I on
various fedora and sugar mailing lists but the main one is the soas
mailing list on the SL site.

Cheers,
Peter