[IAEP] Fall 2010...

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Sun Jul 11 01:34:14 EDT 2010

Hello everybody,

We did an event in the Fall of 2009, focusing on OLPC deployments
hosted in the SF Bay Area.
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_SanFranciscoBayArea/OLPCSF_Community_Summit_2009
We are itching to do another event in the Fall this year. I'm told
itches are good in the FOSS world :-)

We can look into providing a venue in San Francisco (5th and Market).
This time around, we'd like to involve educators from elementary
education programs from around here, Pythonistas from around here, and
of course the micro-deployments we have in the SF Bay Area
(Deployments – Afghanistan (Carol Ruth Silver, MTSA) – India (Humaira
Mahi & Sameer Verma, SFSU) – Jamaica (Sameer Verma & Univ. of the West
Indies) – Madagascar (June Kleider, XO-ology) – Senegal (Drew &
Lick-Wilmerding Schools) – South Africa (EduWeavers) – San Francisco
(Starr King Elementary) – Uganda (UC Berkeley) ).

I've spoken with some of you offlist. I'm looking for feasibility,
feedback and enthusiasm. We've had Sugarlabs events. We've had the
Realness summit. This is somewhat of a mish-mash. A mingle-and-learn.
Would any of you want to be a part of this? We are looking at
September/October/November as possible months.

cheers,
Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Information Systems