[IAEP] [SoaS] Very Old SoaS Works on Mac

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Fri Jan 22 09:00:34 EST 2010

Hi Caryl,

Caryl Bigenho wrote:
> Well...

thanks a lot for your patience! :)

> I tried my very old (in software terms... 9+ months) version of
> Strawberry that is still installed on my Mac via virtual box (also an
> old version). It still works. Limited activities but if I don't get the
> newer versions figured out, at least I will have something to show the
> folks in Buenos Aires when I visit their school on Monday.

You can also always create a new Virtual Machine in VirtualBox and
select the downloaded SoaS .iso file there. Even easier might be using
the images Thomas and Wade have been creating. You can download a
Blueberry Image which is currently in testing from [1] and walk through
the process here [2].

[1] http://people.sugarlabs.org/wadeb/soas-blueberry-vmdk-1.zip
[2]
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/VirtualBox#Setup_a_Virtual_Machine_for_Sugar_on_a_Stick

> We are still trying to get the Blueberry file on a CD that people down
> there can use to make usb sticks and maybe a liveCD they can play.

Cool - please let us know how it goes! ;)

--Sebastian