[IAEP] GCompris was Re: Sugar Digest 2010-01-07

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Thu Jan 14 12:48:28 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 02:44, Caroline Meeks
<caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:

>> > Congrats to the GComris team!  I have found GCompris activities a
>> > valuable
>> > addition to Sugar and look forward to the upgrade.
>> > GCompris also has a groups model that allows some teacher
>> >
>> > administration: http://gcompris.net/wiki/index.php/Manual#Administering_GCompris
>> > Did the upgrade touch this part of the project? Does anyone know if
>> > anyone
>> > is thinking about how to make this functionality available to teachers
>> > using
>> > Sugar?
>>
>> Didn't got many answers when I asked about similar functionality on
>> the Teachermate. My guess is that Sugar is supposed to be deployable
>> in some situations where the data sharing solutions in the Teachermate
>> and GCompris don't work.
>
> Having the teacher functionality potentially available where there is an XS
> doesn't have to mean the activities won't work when there isn't one. I was
> just checking to see the status.

My recollection of what happened is that we got into two bike shedding
exercises: find a way to collect results in more situations and find
better assessment models.

> My memory about Teachermate was there were people interested in working on
> Teachermate teacher system but they wanted assurances that the Teachermate
> activities were going to be released under a GPL or CC license and an idea
> of how much content there was.  There were no answers on that.

I'm CC'ing Seth at Innovations for Learning in case he has the
information you ask.

Regards,

Tomeu

> Thanks,
> Caroline
>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Tomeu
>>
>> > Thanks,
>> > Caroline

>> > --
>> > Caroline Meeks
>> > Solution Grove
>> > Caroline at SolutionGrove.com
>> >
>> > 617-500-3488 - Office
>> > 505-213-3268 - Fax

>> --
>> «Sugar Labs is anyone who participates in improving and using Sugar.
>> What Sugar Labs does is determined by the participants.» - David
>> Farning
>

> --
> Caroline Meeks
> Solution Grove