[IAEP] Academic papers about Sugar (UI)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-iaep at silbe.org
Thu Jan 14 08:20:01 EST 2010

Hi!

Sorry for the slightly OT post, but I'm having a hard time finding
relevant papers for my diploma thesis.

I'm looking for papers
a) describing the Sugar Learning Platform (high-level overview, ideas
behind it) and
b) that describe ideas used when designing Sugar (e.g. other
experimental UIs), i.e. that formed the basis of the Sugar HIGs.
c) anything else that had an influence on the UI design of Sugar.

What I've found:
- Carlos' thesis is the best match so far, but it focusses on what Sugar
looks like, not the ideas behind it
- some early articles about OLPC but they're more about laptops in
education than about Sugar

I'd appreciate any pointer in the right direction.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/