[IAEP] Multiple-language pages on wiki

Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero dirakx at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 16:58:39 EST 2010

Hi Mel

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 8:52 AM, Mel Chua <mel at melchua.com> wrote:
>> Do you know how to add several languages in our wiki?
>
> Poking the iaep metabrain, in case someone else has better ideas...
>
> I know of several ways of doing multiple languages with mediawiki, none
> of which are super-ideal.
>
> * the way Wikipedia does it - multiple mediawiki installs, one per
> language (de.wikipedia.org is a separate install from en.wikipedia.org)
> and crosslinks between the different language instances for the same
> term/article. There's no real good way to make sure the content in one
> language is synced with the same content in another.

I think this is the better way, it assures that translations are
managed independently, translation is an open issue , and we must not
be paying attention to make sure that contents are perfectly synced, i
prefer to have slightly different versions of articles in each
language,
interest will keep versions synced or even different articles could
emerge in each language, for SL wiki i'm trying to have an ''spanish
version'' title to link translated
articles to Local Labs wikis. f,e

== English article ==
== Spanish version ==
Link to local lab wiki translation,

The Spanish translation is a ''free'' translation and could be
different ways of translating it even for different Spanish speaking
countries, so if some one wants to add a new translation can add a
link it to it's own local lab wiki page.