[IAEP] dealing with mailing lists

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 09:10:15 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Luke Faraone <luke at faraone.cc> wrote:
> Your mail client doesn't collate mails with similiar content and identical
> Message-IDs? Maybe Gmail has me spoiled, but I'm sure there are ways in
> other clients...

Same here on the gmail spoilage. But naturally not everyone likes it.

Modern procmail has a 'catch duplicates' feature. It's not perfect --
just like gmail's, it leaks a dup every once in a while, specially if
the mailing list sw messes with the message a lot -- but in practical
terms it works just fine.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions