[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Several chapters of "Make Your Own Sugar Activities!" ready for review, feedback

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 10:43:13 EST 2010

As many of you know, I've been working on a handbook for creating
Sugar Activities and I have added another couple of chapters to it (on
Pootle and distributing your Activity) and made numerous corrections
to earlier chapters, many of them based on suggestions you made.
Stuff still to do:

Text To Speech chapter
Collaboration chapter
Sugar Activity Debugging chapter (which may include information on
using a library Walter Bender created for running Sugar Activities
outside of Sugar)
New Style Toolbars chapter (including how to support both styles in
one Activity)
PyGame chapter or chapters

The sequence these chapters will appear is negotiable.  For now I'm
just trying to get them written, going from easiest to hardest.

I have not been able to get a pre-publish done so the website link I
gave out last week still points to the old content.  However, I have
been able to use OBJAVI to create a really beautiful PDF 73 pages long
(including code samples and screenshots) that has the latest content.
I think there is enough written so far that if I got run over by a bus
someone could still use this to learn how to write an Activity.  If
you have thought about writing your own Activity you might check this
out with Read and see if you agree.  Other kinds of feedback would be
most welcome as well.

The URL of the PDF is:

http://objavi.flossmanuals.net/books/ActivitiesGuideSugar-en-2010.01.11-23.05.32.pdf

Thanks,