[IAEP] apt-get upgrade broke TOAST

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 14:48:58 EST 2010

I completely misdiagnosed the trouble.

My fault: I should have looked at ~/.sugar/default/logs/shell.log sooner.

I had previously uncommented the TriangleLayout in favoritesview.py. The, in
my Favorites view I selected the triangle as my preferred view.

When I did an apt-get upgrade (or maybe a dist-upgrade, I forget), it
overwrote the  favoritesview.py file.  Sugar tried to find a triangle layout
and could not because it was commented out in the newer version.

(I also replaced the computer-xo icon with my-icon in myicon.py and had to
reset that again after the upgrade as well.)

Sorry for the confusion.

I'm posting this to the bug tracker as well.

P.S. Should Sugar attempt to fall back to the ring layout if it gets
something weird like that?  Or give some sort of feedback other than the
shell.log?