[IAEP] [SLOBS] first pass at a examples page

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 09:38:06 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 6:30 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 00:15, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I made a first pass at creating some guideline examples [1] based
>> roughly on [2].
>
> Some questions:
>
> - when those guidelines apply? I guess they don't apply to informal
> communications, but where's the line?

As per the guidelines: "This requirement is waived in all contexts
where such marks are not normally included: email, on-line discussion,
non-graphical advertisements (when permitted), and academic papers."

> - sugarize: we use this verb to mean adapting an application to the
> activity requirements.

Perhaps we should add a list of acceptable neologisms?

> - "Azucar 0.86": have heard this translation often from our colleagues
> in Latin America.

It may well make sense to translate Sugar into the local language. But
do you also see laboratorios de azúcar? Maybe when we refer to the
foundation itself, it should always be Sugar Labs?

> Regards,
>
> Tomeu
>
>> -walter
>>
>> [1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Governance/Trademark/Guidelines
>>
>> [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Trademark_guidelines#Trademark_Usage_Guidelines
>>

>> --
>> Walter Bender
>> Sugar Labs
>> http://www.sugarlabs.org

> «Sugar Labs is anyone who participates in improving and using Sugar.
> What Sugar Labs does is determined by the participants.» - David
> Farning

-walter

--
Walter Bender