[IAEP] [FIELDBACK] Etoys

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 20:59:25 EST 2010

On Thursday 25 February 2010 04:13:52 am Simon Schampijer wrote:
> I am teaching on a regular basis in the Planetarium pilot in Berlin,
> Germany [1]. I have been using Etoys now for several weeks and here is
> some first feedback.
>
> First: The kids do like it a lot! I want to encourage everyone to
> include it in his curriculum.
Etoys can be more than just a topic in a curriculum. It is the swiss army
knife of the 21st century.

An interesting possibility is to get old students to create animated
flashcards/sounds clips to teach a topic (say English) to younger students.
Traditional flashcards just present a letter as a block. Instead, one can use a
bug to create letter shapes with its trail so the children can also perceive
how letters are formed.

Subbu