[IAEP] ASLO bootcamp at RIT weekend of March 7 or 14

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 16:18:04 EST 2010

I just wanted to poll the interest on these lists about an ASLO bootcamp
which we are planning for either the weekend of March 7 or 14 on the RIT
campus.

The format will be a series of 5 sessions on:

   - 1.1 Session 0
Systems<http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Machine/Discovery_One/BootCamp#Session_0_Systems>
   - 1.2 Stage 1 Basic Web Site
Technologies<http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Machine/Discovery_One/BootCamp#Stage_1_Basic_Web_Site_Technologies>
   - 1.3 Stage 2
Caching<http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Machine/Discovery_One/BootCamp#Stage_2_Caching>
   - 1.4 Stage 3 Load
balancing<http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Machine/Discovery_One/BootCamp#Stage_3_Load_balancing>
   - 1.5 Stage 4
Reliability<http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Machine/Discovery_One/BootCamp#Stage_4_Reliability>

Each session will be a three hour block consisting of:
1h Theory - Lecture.
1h Tutorial - structured exploration.
1h Free exploration.

To encourage wider participation, I hope to:
1. Live stream and record the lectures.
2. Encourage remote participation via IRC
2. Make all tutorials and resources available on the Sugar Labs wiki.

Please let me know if you are interested in participating in person,
remotely, or possible use the resources in the future.  The long term goal
is to create a bootcamp format where senior community members can
effectively engage and share their knowledge and experience with new
community members.

david