[IAEP] [ANNOUNCE] Sugar 0.88 --- Testing Day --- Saturday 13th of February

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Tue Feb 9 21:14:42 EST 2010

>> - Testing instructions: As described in the "Feature Status" mail, the
>> feature owners have to fill out the "How to test" section in the Feature
>> page before the testing day. This should be as detailed as possible,
>> imagine what could possibly go wrong and how a tester could test that
>> Feature without having the technical background and has not been working
>> on that Feature for days, weeks or months.

Do we have a way for feature owners to put tests somewhere testers
will know to look for them, and do we have a way for testers to file
their results? (In other words, do we have a test case system?)

I'm working on getting a semantic mediawiki based test case system
(similar to the one we used to have at OLPC) going in a sandbox for
the SoaS deployment I'm working with in Boston, but that may not be up
in time, nor appropriate for longer-term results like Saturday's test
session. I suppose that in a pinch we could always list everything on
the wiki (I'd be happy to come in an hour early and set this up if
needed) but if we're going to be doing more QA activities down the
line, we might someday want a system that scales and is more
searchable. Not a vital-to-solve-now problem, but a definite "someday
we'll have to solve this" problem, in case anyone has any quick ideas.

--Mel