[IAEP] LOGO advocacy

Alan Kay alan.nemo at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 05:48:32 EST 2010

Hi Tony

Thanks for doing this. Another really interesting "Logo-like" language with several important ideas in it was "Boxer" -- originally done by two of the original Logo folks (Andy di Sessa and Hal Abelson).

I liked it because it had an integrated graphical mapping of its visual media to Logo data structures to provide a way for children to think about media-as-program. Etoys does this in a different way -- not nearly as simple (too bad) but with pretty rich media objects (good).

Boxer would be a good addition to the XO -- though I think it would need to be reimplemented.

Cheers,

Alan