[IAEP] OLPC Vietnam Pilot Presentation - Sunday Feb 7 - 12NOON EST

Holt holt at laptop.org
Mon Feb 1 14:37:37 EST 2010

Nancie Severs' just arrived back from Vietnam and will present to us,
fresh off the boat, her Contributors Program project at the Vung Vieng
Village Floating School in Northeast Vietnam:

     http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Projects/Vung_Vieng_Fishing_Vietnam
     http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog/nsevers/4/tpod.html
     http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/ClassActs/StartingANewProject

Please join us in  person -- reviewing how one small school is working
through extraordinary deployment challenges, attempting OLPC learning
approaches in the face of some almost insurmountable odds, thanks to
Nancie's small and overstretched but dedicated volunteer team:

     Sunday February 7
     12 NOON, Boston Time/EST
     (NOT our usual 4PM time, so volunteers can call in from Vietnam!)

     1 Cambridge Center
     Cambridge, MA  02142

All Welcome, but RSVP REQUIRED (holt @ laptop.org and nanciesevers @
gmail.com).  You will have the choice of attending in person or by
telephone -- with PowerPoint/PDF provided in advance and our US phone
number (free if you have a full Skype account) for conference-call
access to live Q&A.  Sorry OLPC Radio's tower isn't fully erected yet
for worldwide live public broadcasts just yet, but stay tuned...

Bring Vietnamese Food!!!
--Holt