[IAEP] Still Trying... How do I switch the keyboard to another character set?

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 11:54:12 EST 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 02:23, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks...
> Still trying!  As noted below, I followed Tim's instructions and downloaded
> the Urdu character set.  However, I was not able to access it from Write.

Do you mean that it did not show up in the font menu, or that you
could not type it?

Can you paste Urdu text in from another source?

> spent some time working on this with a person who speaks and reads several
> middle eastern languages. Any ideas?  What should I try next?  Has anyone
> changed to another character set on their own rather than getting it that
> way from the factory?

Yes, several of us have done it. Please note the Urdu version of my
name in my sig block.

I will add a chapter on character set, language, and font settings to
the "book" I am writing, under the heading The Undiscoverable.

http://booki.flossmanuals.net/discovering-discovery/edit/

Please send any other unanswered questions.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/