[IAEP] Media Guide for the XO

Nicholas Doiron ndoiron at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Dec 23 13:34:32 EST 2010

A year ago, I wrote a one-stop guide for finding open media, playing MP3s,
downloading YouTube videos, and installing Flash on the XO as part of
DigiLiteracy's Nicaragua project.  It has links to resources such as free
audiobooks from LibriVox, music and video from WikiMedia, and converters
for YouTube and some lesser-known sites such as Fora.tv and Blip.tv

The original file was lost, and websites and programs have been changed,
so I have posted a revised guide on the OLPC wiki at:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Ndoiron/MediaGuide

To developers: some websites and the new ffmpeg2theora produce OGG video
which is incompatible with the XO-1.  I believe application/x-ogg-skeleton
is not being supported by Sugar?

Regards,
Nick Doiron