[IAEP] [SLOBS] Sugar Certification in Uruguay

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Dec 18 19:25:37 EST 2010

On Sat, 2010-12-18 at 17:27 -0200, anacim wrote:

> If you haven t read any of my emails I must say ( unfortunatelly) that
> regarding the management of the local implementation of olpc (ceibal)
> where I happen to work as a highschool math teacher I am never
> polite :(

If it's about laptops being locked down in a way that prevents even the
most technical users from modifying the software, it seems that things
are starting to move in the right direction, with the next software
update planned early next year. (Walter knows the details).

I think it's good to point out problems in your OLPC deployment and keep
asking your government to improve things.

It would also be good to inform the developer on what's happening in
Uruguay and what we could do to improve Sugar and its activities for the
benefit of students and teachers.

In other words: we need more teachers like you to participate actively
in our community! (and more developers like me to visit deployments and
talk with teachers)