[IAEP] TamTam Questions (More)

tom.staubitz at fhtw-berlin.de tom.staubitz at fhtw-berlin.de
Thu Dec 16 01:20:08 EST 2010

On Dec 16, 2010, at 2:18 AM, Walter Bender wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Several people in America-sur have responded to my questions about the keys
>> used in the TamTam Suite. So far, they have all referred only to TamTam
>> Mini.  Have any of you used any of the other TamTam Activities (Jam and
>> Edit).  I need to know what keys are used for loops and special effects.  If
>> you have any TamTam knowledge or can point me to links with the info, it
>> would be very helpful.  I already know (knew) where the basic notes are
>> located.
>
> Tam Tam Jam uses a different keyboard interface than Tam Tam Mini
> (SynthLab uses the same keyboard layout as Mini). With Jam, you assign
> keys to the various instrument blocks you create. The keys simply turn
> these blocks on and off.

You can assign the keys by clicking on the instrument's icon on the activity's "stage" area.
To adapt these keys for other machines with different keyboard layouts, might get a bit complicated as
except for the digits and the letters, for example in Germany, all of these keys are located
in pretty different places as on a standard US keyboard. To make it worse, the location of these keys
differs between standard german PC and Mac keyboards, Switzerland has yet another layout, France and Spain as well...
"[" for example is Option-5 on a german Mac and Alt-Gr-8 on a german PC.

Tom