[IAEP] TamTam Questions (More)

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 20:11:23 EST 2010

Hi,

Several people in America-sur have responded to my questions about the keys used in the TamTam Suite. So far, they have all referred only to TamTam Mini.  Have any of you used any of the other TamTam Activities (Jam and Edit).  I need to know what keys are used for loops and special effects.  If you have any TamTam knowledge or can point me to links with the info, it would be very helpful.  I already know (knew) where the basic notes are located.

I also notice that in Uruguar they are using the "Do-Re-Mi..." system.  I think most of the schools/teachers in the US use the "C-D-E..." system.  Has anyone had any experience with this?  How about other countries?

I am working on a very simple, easy to make, inexpensive XO keyboard overlay for TamTam that can be made in classroom quantities for about $1-$2 each (or less for larger quantities).  No electronics are required.  Just a few simple supply items, scissors, glue, a computer with a printer and an iron.  Of course, I will share it with everyone, if and when I get it "perfected." This will also be adaptable for other machines running TamTam from SoaS, live CD, Virtual Box, etc.

Grannie B  (MA Music Education ca. 1966)