[IAEP] Fwd: Google Science Fair competition: Students ages 13 - 18 years old.

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 13:16:08 EST 2010

-------------------
GOOGLE SCIENCE FAIR
-------------------

On 11 January, 2011, we are launching the inaugural Google Science Fair. We
have partnered with NASA, CERN, National Geographic, Scientific American and
the LEGO Group to create a new STEM competition that is more open,
accessible and global than ever before. We are reaching out to educators
prior to launch to let you know "the Google Science Fair is coming" and to
extend an invitation to schools and teachers to get involved early in our
global competition.

To sign up for fun and free resource kits for your classroom or school (with
bookmarks, stickers, posters and more!) and a reminder notification when GSF
registration opens, please visit the Google Science Fair at:
http://www.google.com/sciencefair

The Google Science Fair is a global competition that any student aged 13 -
18 from around the world is eligible to enter. Students can enter as
individuals or as teams of up to three. There is no entry fee
and registration and submission will happen online. The deadline
for submissions will be the 4 April, 2011. The Science Fair will
culminate in a "once in a lifetime" celebratory event at Google headquarters
in California in July 2011 where finalists will compete for
internships, scholarships and prizes in front of a panel of celebrity
scientist judges including Nobel Laureates, tech visionaries and household
names.

We want to celebrate and champion great young scientific talent and give
students from around the world the opportunity to compete for amazing
experiences, prizes, scholarships and internships.  We hope you are as
excited about this upcoming competition as we are are!