[IAEP] Requesting Feedback MarketLab Opportunity

John Tierney jtis4stx at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 17 11:04:48 EDT 2010

Hello Everyone,

We have an opportunity this Fall to be part of a MarketLab Student Project,

http://web.mit.edu/marketingclub/marketlab/

We have been asked to submit a proposal for the marketing needs of Sugar Labs on Friday, August
20th. I have sent this to the multiple lists because I believe all parts of Sugar Labs should weigh-in and
let us know how Sugar Labs Marketing in collaboration with MarketLab Team members can help in your efforts.

This is an excerpt from IRC Chat this morning discussing the MarketLab project possibilities:

<JT4sugar> walterbender, I guess question is do we want them to work on certain areas or do we want them to come up with a marketing straegy for us
<JT4sugar> Strategy
<walterbender> JT4sugar: I think the more focused, the more likely we will get something useful/actionable from them
<JT4sugar> walterbender, I think then Public Awareness, Teacher Awareness Participation, Fundraising-Mostly for Teacher Events? Your thoughts/ideas
<walterbender> JT4sugar: I've got pretty limited time for writing this week -- a competing deadline -- so perhaps we can come up with a specific plan of action for getting this proposal out the door?
<walterbender> JT4sugar: I'd like to fund more developer and developer/deployment face-to-face time as well
<walterbender> JT4sugar: we are lacking a 1-page this-is-what-we-are here-is-how-you-can-help pamphlet as well
<JT4sugar> walterbender, I will put it together. I will send email to list about opportunity to gather feedback. Will add developer needs to fundrasing part
<walterbender> JT4sugar: if there is some specific writing you'd like me to do, let me know
<JT4sugar> walterbender, I will plan to get you a draft by Thursday so you can make additions/changes
<walterbender> JT4sugar: +1

Please take a few minutes to reflect on your area of Sugar Labs.

Please identify the areas/subjects you believe this student team at MIT Sloan MarketLab can help Sugar Labs with.

Appreciate Your Time, Thoughts, and Ideas!

John Tierney