[IAEP] Plan Ceibal on YouTube

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 16 17:18:54 EDT 2010

Hi Folks,

Today someone on the Uruguay list posted several links, one of which goes to the index of the Plan Ceibal videos.  I went on to the English version and picked one to watch... a second grade music lesson using Tam Tam Mini.  It is totally amazing! A great lesson. It does say that the teacher and students are from a special music school. I don't know if this is a Magnet School or a program outside the regular school day. I did notice most of the students are girls.  I haven't seen the entire lesson yet as You Tube is stalling about halfway through.

Here is the link to the list of videos with instructions for finding what you want on You Tube. You can get a lot of great ideas for using the Activities with a class, even if you don't understand Spanish.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1SupEJMPd3dxWFS6bCMMu1Zb7N-fcwlNGLBCF1ei4Jpc

All of these were shot in the same studio, probably in Montevideo where Plan Ceibal has their headquarters. The desks are nothing like what they have in their real classrooms. The children and teachers all wear white coats, which seems to the the norm for special occasions.

It is really interesting to see how the teachers have developed lessons using the Sugar Activities. It would be really great to write up lesson plans from these and translate then into many languages to give teachers more ideas about how to use the Activities. I wonder if Plan Ceibal would give us permission, especially if we gave credit to them and to the teacher who designed the lesson.

Hope you find some you will enjoy watching as I have.

Caryl