[IAEP] 27+ attendees already for Unannounced Oct 21/22 - 24 OLPC SF/Sugar/Realness Summit!

Holt holt at laptop.org
Sat Aug 14 15:40:50 EDT 2010

Thanks all for refining/expanding the list of attendees here; this surge
of participation is truly wonderful -- even before our global community
event's officially announced:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_SanFranciscoBayArea/OLPCSF_Community_Summit_2010
(hit reload!)

Co-hosted in San Francisco right alongside/after the Internet Archive's
"Books in Browsers" event Thu/Fri Oct 21-22: (http://archive.org)

    http://reading20.posterous.com/books-in-browsers-2010

/Formal Announcement:/
Beautiful public invitation to follow later this month at
http://olpcSF.org and http//Realness.org, for easy forwarding/blogging
across the open education / intl development / FOSS worlds And Far
Beyond.  Unrecognized teachers/volunteers/silent staffers involved with
OLPC-like projects worldwide are especially welcome!

/Travel Scholarships / Community Fundraising:
/Please contact me personally (holt @ laptop.org) if you can assist our
movement's greatest volunteers -- attending from outside of North
America especially -- or if you require Partial Assistance for your own
plane fare.  Remember the focus is Deployment Realities "for techies,
teachers AND twitterers" spawned out of OLPC SF's high-energy community
and other OLPC-like projects worldwide, so *all* are invited who have
meaningful tips/tricks/reflections/learning to offer.

/Guest Speakers:/
Pre-Invite to all!  Please consider sharing the wealth of your
implementation experiences (tech/teaching/twitter etc) replying ASAP so
I/others can help you refine your topic and generate a tiny bio etc,
similar to http://Realness.org

/Join our Organizers Open Discussion:/
http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/olpc-sf