[IAEP] kids hacking sugar?

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 00:48:58 EDT 2010

Walter Bender has also created a Turtle Art/Python path using
programmable blocks. I did a presentation on it once showing some
simple functions for graphing, and adding math functions from Python
to Turtle Art. You start by assigning a single function call to a
block, then an expression, then a few lines of code, then multiple
blocks of code, and so on. There is also a path from Turtle Art to
FORTH using the stack blocks. There are a number of Turtle Art/Logo
packages such as UCBLogo. It would not be hard to add other language
connections.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/