[IAEP] maintenance

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Apr 30 15:11:36 EDT 2010

On 30.04.2010, at 12:38, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

> Hi,
>
> follows a plan about how to improve the situation regarding
> maintenance of our software modules. If you care about it, please
> reply even if only to say so, or even better, comment on it and
> suggest improvements. I will assume that lack of replies mean people
> don't care about it and will stop caring about it myself.

I do care.

We face a similar problem for Etoys, and there are even less Etoys developers than Sugar developers. However, there are many more Squeak developers than Etoys developers (*), so our strategy is to make it as simple to contribute as possible, and also raise the visibility of Etoys in the larger Squeak community. We'll see how that plays out :)

- Bert -

(*) Etoys is implemented in Squeak, which is a programming environment invented specifically to create authoring tools for "children of all ages", but nowadays is used for all sorts of development, ranging from mobile devices to web services.