[IAEP] SOAS[DP] Educator's Opinion

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 22:11:50 EDT 2009

I must admit Caryl that I like the Ubuntu system that uses a mix of release
version number / build number and generic names for distributions based on
animals (hardy herron etc.) http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/faq

It would be interesting for Sugar to do something similar, rotating every
year or so between different 'sugar' eating animals or plants .. perhaps
even sugar based molecules such as monosaccharides glucose, dextrose,
fructose, levulose, galactose, xylose then ribose. If you run out of these,
you can then switch to polysaccharides such as sucrose etc. Now there is
enough for 10 or more years. :-)

Nicely, glucose is a primary key to life on our planet and nicely fits the
launch of the version for the OLPC X0-1  :-)

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au