[IAEP] SOAS Write problem

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sat Sep 26 21:38:18 EDT 2009

Hi Gerald,

On 27 Sep 2009, at 01:35, Gerald Ardito wrote:

> Walter,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.
> When I examine the log file, here's what I see:
> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sugar/util.py:25:
> DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib
> module instead
>   import sha
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/sugar-activity", line 21, in <module>
>     main.main()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sugar/activity/main.py",
> line 105, in main
>     module = __import__(module_name)
>   File "/usr/share/sugar/activities/Write.activity/
> AbiWordActivity.py", line 35, in <module>
>     from sugar.graphics.toolbarbox import ToolbarButton, ToolbarBox
> ImportError: No module named toolbarbox

The new version of Write is only compatible with 0.86 (or 0.85.x
development versions with the new toolbar code). Can you tell me where
you downloaded Write from? The activities.sugarlabs.org site should
not have let you download this version if you are running an old
(0.84.x or earlier) version of Sugar.

Regards,
--Gary